Travel blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Converting Electric wheel chair to Hybrid?

Say I have 24volt mobility scooter. scooters are known to only go about 20 miles at best. I would like to be gone all day on it. Now my 2 part question are...





WHAT SIZE GAS MOTOR AND GENERATOR WOULD I NEED TO POWER THE 24 VOLT SYSTEM?





second part....





HOW MANY HP MOTOR WOULD I NEED TO PUSH A 300LB MAN 10MPH PLUS THE WEIGHT OF THE SCOOTER AND BATTERIES AND PERHAPS GROCERIES YET KEEPING IT SMALL AND UNDER THE SEAT?





keep in mind one way is feeding the electric system, the second part is powering the drive system with gas power too tieing into the rear axle.



switch to a gasoline powered lawn mower or gasoline golf cart. Heck a electric golf cart would do best. They cary to 200 pound people with clubs and beer for 2 miles easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment