Travel blog

Friday, March 27, 2009

What can I do about these birds?

So before you judge me just know that I love all animals and I hate the thought of hurting them. However, there are several bird nests built outside my dorm room. Recently baby birds have been hatched. Now they cry all day and night. I would assume for food. I don't know what to do. It is so loud. It makes it nearly impossible to sleep. And I know I am not exaggerating because my roommate who can sleep through anything hears it and is going crazy too. What should we do? I mean I feel horrible even thinking about hurting the baby birds but this is day three of little or no sleep and it is starting to affect us. What should we do?



Hi:





The only way to to complain to the superintendent at the dorm.


Maybe he could put them up on the roof. If not go to the drugstore and buy spongy ear plugs.





Once birds are hatched they will leave their nest in about 3 weeks.





Good Luck




The only thing that any authority figures are likely to do is destroy the birds. And, while one hatch of birds will be gone in 3 weeks, the parents will have hatch after hatch all summer, as long as they find this a safe place to raise young. This will repeat year after year forever.





They need to be provided a safe place to nest away from your dorm, and of course you then need to make the dorm building inaccessible to birds. Moving this hatch to the new safe haven will not likely work. This is a case for ear plugs for 3 weeks, then eviction to a better place.




Please do not hurt them. Try calling animal control to see if they can move the nest safetly to a better place. If that does not work try putting on ear plugs for your ears till they get older and stop crying. Maybe the Mother abanoned them. You need a wildlife expert to access this. You could ask the humane society on what to do also.




I think you should wait because ot doesn't take them long to leave or you should call animal control and they will probably take them some ware safe

No comments:

Post a Comment